Terje's #75 Groove Up!

Home Forums #Club1000 Build Threads Terje's #75 Groove Up!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Terjen Terjen 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Terjen
    Terjen
    Participant

Here is my #Club1000 car, a special edition 2014 VW Groove Up! 1,0 75hp in the color “Hot Orange”, which mostly look red.
    So since my daily driver is up for sale I thought of combining daily and Club1000 car.
    I needed a decent car which is safe, comfortable, reliable(?), Isofix for babyseat etc.
    Therefore the car got a bit more pricey than the typical Club1000 car, and because of Norway even pricier.
    The “upside” is that I found some damages and defects before buying, so managed to discuss the price almost 2000€ down. It then became the cheapest UP! for sale in Norway at the moment, also counted with the 60hp versions.

The UP! is a 2014 driven 96000km’s. It is still under new car warranty (5 years / 100000km) here in Norway, thats good because there are some potensially expensive faults that has to be mended.
    The car might look in mint condition on the photos, but have had a hard life the first 3 years as it served as a Pizza-delivery car.
    So there’s a lot of scratches, dings, bad paintwork, one headlamp is glued on due to broken mounts etc.
    Otherwise it is well equipped from factory (subwoofer etc.), and there will not be removed anything to lighten the car because I like some comfort when driving it all the way to the Ring, and for work.

The mods will be H&R lowering springs, Bilstein B8 shocks, some stickers! and some wheels/tyres in 16″.
    then it should be good mostly, and some proper maintenance.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Terjen Terjen.

14' VW Groove Up! #Club1000 car
    97' BMW E36 Touring S50B30
    04' Volvo V70 D5 AWD

Terjen
    Terjen
    Participant

Small update:

In a discussion on FB earlier to prove that my Up! wasn’t turbocharged, I took a photo of the missing exhaust manifold and turbo.
    Then I revealed an exhaust leak from the flange mounted to the cylinder head.
    I have now an appointment with the local VW dealer who will hopefully replace the cat on warranty. 😀

Today I ordered a set of H&R 35mm lowering springs and Bilstein B8 dampers.

I’ve also mounted a Recaro seat (in the back!) for my kid, so the car is in daily use, like it more and more. 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Terjen Terjen.

04' Volvo V70 D5 AWD

Kev_G
    Kev_G
    Participant

I bet your find of no turbo was UPsetting

Terjen
    Terjen
    Participant

I bet your find of no turbo was UPsetting

Normally it should’ve been, but the UP!side is that it’s eligible for #Club1000 without. 😛

04' Volvo V70 D5 AWD

Terjen
    Terjen
    Participant

So the Bilstein B8’s showed up yesterday, still waiting for the H&R springs.

And in Norway it’s soon time for winter tyres, though the last few winters here at the west-coast just have been wet, with a few snowy days.
    I’ve tried the Nankang SV-2 winter tyres on a BMW E39 I had earlier, they were proper shit on snow.
    I’m driving my one-year old kid around in this, so it had to get some decent tyres.

Also have an appointment on monday 16. to change the cat on warranty.

04' Volvo V70 D5 AWD

Terjen
    Terjen
    Participant

So I got the cat changed on warranty today:

Also bought some Tekno wheels yesterday, they were 20€ so had to buy. 7×17″ ET35.
    It’s not exactly my #1 choice in rims, but the size and offset is what I had in mind.
    I mostly bought to check clearance to the wheel arches to get an idea what fits without rubbing.
    Also they would look a little better with some paint. Played with photoshop:

Standard height and wheel color:

Lowered the Up (down?), and darkened the wheels a bit:

Doesn’t look too shabby with those wheels.
    Though if it comes to performance I should have gone with lighter 15″s, but I think 17″ look better. 🙂

04' Volvo V70 D5 AWD

Terjen
    Terjen
    Participant

Yay! Got the H&R springs today.

So tonight I mounted the springs and dampers:

The height got perfect I think. And so much more sporty in the corners.

04' Volvo V70 D5 AWD

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Unofficial Nürburgring news, laptimes, photos and videos!