Before you watch this video, consider some/all of the following points:
- This is the first opportunity that Dom had to do a full lap with no limits, no traffic, and a stopwatch.
- The Viper is off a showroom floor, totally standard, with standard tyres. It’s tweaked; but by that I mean every component has been checked, aligned, and set up for the Nordschleife. This is a very adjustable car, a real sports car. Stock tyres, stock brakes, stock car.
- Dominik clearly isn’t 100% comfortable with a manual gearbox.
- He’s happy to admit there’s more time on the table. In his own word, “six or seven seconds, easy”
- This is an AMATEUR effort, not a multi-million factory test program.
- The team are trying to come back to the Nürburgring next month…
Continue reading VIDEO: Onboard 7m03s in the Viper GTS-R ACR Extreme
A quick update from the Viper team I’ve been reporting on this week. After the tragedy of Monday’s 1-hour session being rained off, the guys managed to get a single clear lap today, with no rain.
And on that single lap, Dominik Farnbacher took the road-legal, bone-stock Viper ACR Extreme around the Nordschleife in 7m03s, according to this facebook post:
Dominik also said there’s more to come, with a sub-7 being possible. If the weather holds, we might even see another run tomorrow before the public session begins around 1730.
I’ll bring you more as I see it. Road&Track are also covering it extensively.
This rather nice looking Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato Speedster was probably the most expensive car lapping the Nürburgring Nordschleife today. And that’s even including two very blue McLaren MSO-kitted 720s… (more on those later)
Continue reading £1.3million Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato Speedster hits the Nürburgring
They’re here. They’ve arrived. The Vipers are pounding the Nürburgring Nordschleife even as I write this article. Don’t believe me? Watch the short video I made this morning trackside.
After rounds of crowdfunding, corporate sponsorship and a helluva-lot of bloody-mindedness, the guys have managed to get both Vipers here, a crew of mechanics and engineers, and two professional drivers. But it’s been 7 years since they were last here.
Continue reading The Viper ACR is officially hunting a Nürburgring laptime
It’s called the ACL2, and it’s a heavily modified F22 BMW 235i built by German tuners AC Schnitzer. The Aachen-based firm has a long history of tuning BMWs, but still, this must be slightly irking for the guys behind the mega-bucks M4 GTS. Continue reading VIDEO: AC Schnitzer ACL2 is a ‘Show-Car’ with real Nürburgring “Go”