Before you watch this video, consider some/all of the following points:
- This is the first opportunity that Dom had to do a full lap with no limits, no traffic, and a stopwatch.
- The Viper is off a showroom floor, totally standard, with standard tyres. It’s tweaked; but by that I mean every component has been checked, aligned, and set up for the Nordschleife. This is a very adjustable car, a real sports car. Stock tyres, stock brakes, stock car.
- Dominik clearly isn’t 100% comfortable with a manual gearbox.
- He’s happy to admit there’s more time on the table. In his own word, “six or seven seconds, easy”
- This is an AMATEUR effort, not a multi-million factory test program.
- The team are trying to come back to the Nürburgring next month…