It’s been a long road to get here, but the Viper just went even faster. With Dom heading to Silverstone, VLN regular and ex Porsche Cup driver Lance David Arnold stepped into the car for a quick couple of laps in the middle of a Pistenclub trackday.
After only a few laps of warm-up, he clocked the 7m01.3 lap you can watch below, and on the second lap the front tyre blew (more on that at a later date!)
For now, just enjoy the video:
Continue reading Ride onboard that 7m01s lap of the Nürburgring Nordschleife in the 2017 Viper ACR Extreme
After last month’s fast-but-not-fast-enough laptime, the Viper boys are back in town. It’s a David vs Goliath struggle, but they’re not ready to go home yet. Continue reading The Vipers are BACK…
Before you watch this video, consider some/all of the following points:
- This is the first opportunity that Dom had to do a full lap with no limits, no traffic, and a stopwatch.
- The Viper is off a showroom floor, totally standard, with standard tyres. It’s tweaked; but by that I mean every component has been checked, aligned, and set up for the Nordschleife. This is a very adjustable car, a real sports car. Stock tyres, stock brakes, stock car.
- Dominik clearly isn’t 100% comfortable with a manual gearbox.
- He’s happy to admit there’s more time on the table. In his own word, “six or seven seconds, easy”
- This is an AMATEUR effort, not a multi-million factory test program.
- The team are trying to come back to the Nürburgring next month…
Continue reading VIDEO: Onboard 7m03s in the Viper GTS-R ACR Extreme
A quick update from the Viper team I’ve been reporting on this week. After the tragedy of Monday’s 1-hour session being rained off, the guys managed to get a single clear lap today, with no rain.
And on that single lap, Dominik Farnbacher took the road-legal, bone-stock Viper ACR Extreme around the Nordschleife in 7m03s, according to this facebook post:
Dominik also said there’s more to come, with a sub-7 being possible. If the weather holds, we might even see another run tomorrow before the public session begins around 1730.
I’ll bring you more as I see it. Road&Track are also covering it extensively.
They’re here. They’ve arrived. The Vipers are pounding the Nürburgring Nordschleife even as I write this article. Don’t believe me? Watch the short video I made this morning trackside.
After rounds of crowdfunding, corporate sponsorship and a helluva-lot of bloody-mindedness, the guys have managed to get both Vipers here, a crew of mechanics and engineers, and two professional drivers. But it’s been 7 years since they were last here.
Continue reading The Viper ACR is officially hunting a Nürburgring laptime
There’s a lot to be said for a good trackday at any circuit. But a perfect couple of days on the Nürburgring Nordschleife in the middle of summer? Welcome to Green Heaven… DN-style.
Continue reading Some photos from DN12