Good news for Nürburgring TF fans this weekend, as the Nürburgring organisation are carefully relaxing the current parking and spectating restrictions currently in place at Pflanzgarten and Brünnchen.
The irony of that headline isn’t lost on me. My rants are not totally crazy (yet). This website is called BridgeToGantry.com for many reasons, including the most obvious one. Continue reading RANT: Why laptiming is killing Nürburgring TF
You’d think that with the proliferation of the internet and the reach of social media, that maybe the accident rate at the Nürburgring would slow down a little. That maybe, because most Nordschleife accidents are more widely viewed than ever before, visitors might be a little more cautious. Or at least, a little bit more aware of the consequences they face.
This BMW 5-series rolling over the fence into the forest at Schwedenkreuz sadly proves otherwise. Continue reading Schwedenkreuz proves it isn’t getting any easier
Today the Nürburgring operators revealed a dramatically new pricing scheme for 2017 Nordschleife touristenfahrten. The major changes are bullet-pointed below:
- No more “lap tickets” – instead you have an account you pre-load with €€€
- Monday-Friday laps are cheaper (€25 per lap)
- Saturday/Sunday laps are more expensive (€30 per lap)
- A jahreskarte (season ticket) is an eye-watering €1900!*
- QR-code readers on the entrance
- New IOS and Android app to check and load your lap ticket account