Joining the ‘Bongard Club’ is a rite of passage for any Nürburgring fan. Whether it’s a crash, a technical failure, or even just running out of fuel. It’s hard to find a ‘ring regular who hasn’t been for a lap on the yellow wagon.
Yes, this is a video dedicated to all those half-laps, moments of misunderstanding and those horrible €200, 10-minute rides.
If you don’t want to end your lap on the back of the famous yellow trucks, then here are my TOP TEN TIPS;
- Don’t try to keep up with the car in front
- Don’t try to stay ahead of the car behind
- Drive your own car at your own pace
- Move right to let faster drivers/riders through. You might need to lift off that gas pedal if you’re in something fast
- Signal left and wait for a safe gap before overtaking
- Take your first lap of the day as a ‘sighting lap’
- Leave the laptiming alone until you really understand what you’re doing here
- Stay within your limits. If you want to learn to drift, do it on a drift pan or a safer racetrack than this one
- Check your vehicle as best you can before you drive here. Tyres, brakes, fluid levels at the very least. If it’s leaking, don’t drive it.
- Going fast is just the byproduct of doing the right thing at the right time in the right place.
- DON’T CRASH
OK, that was eleven points. But I think it was worth it.